On 05/27/2015 07:25 AM, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> There are ~190 bugs with the word "crash" in the summary in the states
> new/assigned/reopened/unconfirmed.
>
> As with the coverity, import-testing, export-testing stuff I think it
> would be helpful to start chewing into crashers in some systematic way
> where progress can be measured. 190 isn't a vast number in the over all
> scheme of things.
>
> What would work ideally for me is to someone get the subset of all
> crashes that are ~100% reproducible under Linux and ordered by the
> number of steps required to reproduce. Any ideas on how to generate that
> subset ?
Bjoern already largely addressed this but bugzilla is hugely limited for
organizing.

What I think would be minimum (and can be done) is:
Confirm each crash on 5.0;
_Ensure_ that each has easy steps;
_Ensure_ that each has been checked for regressions (and tagged
accordingly in whiteboard/version field);
_Ensure_ that each has a debug log;
Prioritize correctly (Major/Critical High/Highest)

For the most straight forward ones that have easy steps we can just mark
them as critical + highest - signaling that they are easy to reproduce
and everything is there for devs to tackle them.

Best,
Joel

FYIW: I've been pushing this for about a year now ;)