Hi Turritopsis,
I have decided to uninstall the trial version of Microsoft Office Home
and Business 2019 (as it doesn't work anymore) and use LibreOffice
permanently!
That's great! Actually I use LibreOffice Calc in my daily work and there is no big issue with interoperability. My best practice is that, for local editing you should stick to the ODF format (i.e. .ods, odt etc), and save a copy as xlsx or docx or PDF if you want to send it to someone else who does not use LibreOffice.
By the way, does LibreOffice have the equivalent of Microsoft Outlook?

LibreOffice is an office suite and it does not bundle an email client equivalent of Microsoft Outlook. You can use other email clients such as the free and opensource Thunderbird.

Kevin Suo