Hi Eyal

* There are issues with the graphs on Bugzilla, with a big gap in logging stats between 2018 and 2020, as you've noticed (the seemingly linear increase). You can have a look at the QA Dashboard to see changes in that period, in the Timelines tab (with the caveat that pre-2017 data is not complete because a chunk of older data is shaved off the data dump).
https://stragu.shinyapps.io/lo_qa_dashboard/

* Regarding the dramatic jump in 2020, that's likely the impact of many new "home offices" around the world during Covid restrictions. Lots of new users, so lots of new reports.

* Finally, the triaging effort in July and August 2021 seems to be a collaborative effort. Looking at the weekly top 10 for bug confirmers for that time period, here's a selection:

Ilmari Lauhakangas      233
Xisco Fauli     84
Roman Kuznetsov         64
Heiko Tietze    41
Nabet, Julien   41
Faure, Jean-Baptiste    31
Timur   25
BogdanB         24
Dieter  18
Raal    18
Stéphane Guillou        15
steve -_-       13
Andreas Heinisch        10
NISZ LibreOffice Team   10
Eleonora Govallo        8

This is obviously only partial, but gives you an idea of the biggest contributions. Ilmari was doing triaging live streams back then as well. When compared to the previous period of the same length, there was definitely a significant increase in number of changes made to reports, as well as in number of contributors. Hence as sharp decrease in unconfirmed bugs.

Hope that helps! :)

Cheers