On 08.03.24 17:08, paul hofseth wrote:
I repeat my resultless calling for concentration on overall function without crashing, rather than on small improvements to appearance and efficiency of
use.
We are many volunteers and not everyone is able to fix bugs. And I miss links to your bugreports where you have added the test documents.

please do create a "life vest"- rescue button mode: which will enable users
to copy existing text while waiting to shut it down...Ticket or nothing happened :-). But your idea sounds not like a solution but
rather a and-aid.

Besides, OpenOffice is ancient software with a lot of security holes. Perhaps you find something appropriate in our archive at https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/

Cross-posting to mailing lists is not recommended. Just the QA list would have been enough - but Bugzilla is the better place to share issues and ideas anyway.