Hi Astron,

Stefan Knorr (Astron) píše v Čt 24. 05. 2012 v 13:23 +0200:

> > Kill INSRT/OVER (and introduce 'Overwrite' only when overwriting):
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=b30e202861e9bdba4d86e76ba8a6f059da8efc31
>
> Here, I would like to propose two things:
> * make Insert mode harder to trigger, for instance, by having to use
> Shift+Ins (instead of just Ins)
> * remove the inidactor wholesale

That is actually an interesting idea :-)  The cursor changes to a block
one when the overwrite mode is activated, so together with making it
harder to trigger, it might be OK.

Anybody against this?

> > There are few more things still to be done, the most important ones that
> > we talked are:
> >
> > - more helpful STD/BLK/... etc. selection statusbar indicator
>
> Do we really need indicators for the selection modes at all? They are
> sufficiently hard to trigger and a sufficiently minor use case to
> ignore them in the main window, I think.

Too late, I've implemented that in the meantime :-)

http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/design-list/selection-mode-status-bar.png

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f76fde91c4103812d924b973cec83a7b316a1f05

I think it might be unused these days because nobody knew what the three
letter acronyms actually stood for; but maybe I am wrong.

Either way, it is at least usable and better looking now.

> > - improved Windows 7 look (nicer menus + toolbars there, make use of the
> >  drawing into the non-client area)
>
> I took a look at it... nice, but currently also unusable, because the
> text can't be read.

If you mean what is in master now, that is only a proof-of-concept of
drawing into the non-client area, unfinished work.  But I'd like it to
be a bit different, I'll start a thread on the design@ list about that.

Regards,
Kendy