Hi Astron,

On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 09:55 +0100, Stefan Knorr wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 09:52 +0100, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:
> > I'm not intending to change the one-level hierarchy for local
> > templates... only to have the template manager able to show more because
> > who knows how the remote repositories will be structured?
>
> But then ... I don't really get what's the difference between remote and
> local repositories that would make this necessary.
> If we can break down the local template folders in a way that all
> subfolders are shown below on the first level, why doesn't the same work
> with remote repositories?

Michael explained it nicely. And for the same latency reason, I'll have
to disable showing thumbnails in remote repositories. I'll need some big
icons for each type of document and for folders as placeholders when I
don't have thumbnails (we are extracting thumbnails only from ODF ATM
and some file formats don't have thumbnails)

> Is there a technical reason, like that LibO only sees the first
> hierarchy level when it initially connects to a remote repository?

Well, this is a bug I'm fixing.

--
Cedric