At 9:47am -0400 Thu, 04 Nov 2010, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
I'm sorry if [the request not to make any formatting changes] was not
too obvious from the EasyHacks page - do you think adding something
like this to the preamble would make it more clear:

"please avoid larger reformatting of the code for the time being
(except for the tasks listed below) - we're pondering automagic
ways to do that mid- to long-term, but would currently rather not
make our lives harder when merging changes from OOo" ?

I do think this would be helpful text to add.

Further (with exceptions, of course), automagic tools provide a much more consistent and at least acceptable-by-all metric for how code should look. (And I would argue that how code looks via the squint-test is very *much* pertinent for longer term gathering of new developers.)

Cheers,

Kevin