> Anyhow - if there is a lag, the solution to mail delivery problems is
> not (IMHO) forcing everyone to use yet-another awful web forum thing :-)

Agree 100%.

> it would be wonderful if you could have a dig into the setup_native/ code,
> and/or the solenv/bin/make_installer.pl MSI creation to see if we can
> find what exactly does this.

It is even possible that the cause for the misbehaviour is plainly visible just
by looking at the relevant part of the .msi file (using Orca, or whatever other
tools there might exist to inspect .msi files).

(I don't know, off-hand, if the shortcut creation and removal is handled by a
suitable standard entry in some table in the .msi database, or by explicit code
in a custom action.)

So if you are more familiar with MSI than with Perl (used to create the source
files for the MSI tables) or C++ (used in the custom actions run at various
stages of the installer), it would be wonderful if you could have a look.

--tml