On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Tor Lillqvist <tlillqv...@novell.com> wrote:
>> I'm afraid, we'll have to settle to some non-empty string then.
>
> Nah, that is fairly pointless. Either we remove it completely or not at all.
> Isn't the whole purpose of removing it to make the makefilery simpler?

Would also help with cross-compiling on Mac.
When the names would be the same for intel and PPC, you could build an
universal binary using lipo, i.e. first build them seperately and then
just combine the files. (well, in theory at least)

> If we keep all the $(DLLPOSTFIX) instances there, but just happen to use the
> same value for it on all platforms (or am empty value), we gain nothing.

But setting DLLPOSTFIX to a random string and building will at least
allow to identify other places in the code where the current ones are
expected..

>> I tried a
>> build with known-working sources (a snapshot of master) and it failed
>> somwhere in javaunohelper with a wrong argument to cp.
>
> Well, that will just have to be fixed then;)

Yes, stuff like this needs to be done before just removing DLLPOSTFIX
from all makefiles :-)

ciao
Christian