On 5 Jun 2011, at 16:57, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Jun 5, 2011, at 11:47 AM, Simon Phipps wrote:
>>
>> Hey, chill. As Sam says, there's no ideology involved, just choices. The
>> last thing I want is an ideological debate because I already know how it
>> turns out. That's why I think it would be far better not to keep making
>> proposals whose most likely response is an explanation of how licensing is
>> the issue blocking them.
>>

> I'm chilling like a villain.
>
> Sorry, but you *based* your conclusion of the inevitability of there being
> 2 projects on the *ideology* of copyleft vs non-copyleft.

I did that because the diversity of the world of FOSS is a clearly observable
fact. You observe a different world around you?  I don't want to argue about it
precisely because it's so obvious :-)

So back to the constructive point: what are the best, most uniting proposals we
can come up with for ASF and LibreOffice to co-operate?

S.