Hi Petr,

Sorry about the confusion I created on a previous summary thread in my
brainstorming attempt to get development summaries into the wiki.
I know it was bad because it even seemed to infect your response a little.
This should be clearer.

Here is an example of a wrapper (wiki-dev-sum)
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3103449/wiki-dev-sum wiki-dev-sum

that operates on a slightly modified lo-commit-stat script (basically just
adds --wiki format option)
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3103449/lo-commit-stat
lo-commit-stat

The intention is to make as few changes as possible in lo-commit-stat while
getting to where a Weekly Development Summary wiki page is generated easily.
I attached full scripts and not patches because the pair is brand new and
neither fully tested nor reviewed at all: i.e. not yet ready to patch in.
In particular, I need to restore the linked bug numbers to the 1st commit
line (except in the rare case there are three or more associated issues).
That will reduce the page length quite a bit.

I generated two wiki pages:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/2010/MasterWeek39  --  and

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/2011/MasterWeek24   (last
week)

I have not reviewed them in detail yet. Clearly, the new week 39 of 2010
page is much, much bigger than the original week 39 report --
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/2010/bugfixes-week-39.txt.  I
manually inserted this note to account for the difference and to note the
major issue in trying to catch up the summaries:
** Please Note: Many of the commits listed for this week were actually
merged into master as late as Spring 2011. The commits listed here have a
patch date within week 39 of 2010. **

In light of this snafu created by late submit and necessarily later merge, I
will again approach/expose/question my confusion by attacking the utility of
wiki-dev-sum as I had originally intended it: I don't think the present
wiki-dev-sum script helps fill in the missing wiki summaries...

It seems that in catching up the old pages, any wrapper needs to edit the
format.  The alternative of trying to trace the history of the OOo patches
through the merging branches to generate the correct commit list in wiki
format (re-creating the true history - ferreting out the patch *application*
dates) appears to be a real design and implementation challenge and
difficult work to verify.

At least the current wiki-dev-sum script shows promise going forward.  The
2011-24 page was made with:
$> wiki-dev-sum <path_to_repo_root>
For me in <other_repo>/bin it's actually shorter than the generic form
above:
$> ./wiki-dev-sum ~/LibOdev/skky

To prevent the summaries from overwhelming the Dev category page I suggest
long list of summaries is at the bottom of the category.  They seem to be a
better fit in QA with just an index page (per branch?) in Dev wiki so that
they remain visible in Dev.

If you don't have time to look at the scripts, please at least review my
interpretation of the sudden appearance of dozens of commits 'back in the
day' of the brand new master trunk (39-2010 Please Note...).

I apologize for the delay - I hope this post and wiki-dev-sum clarify the
'wikify' idea.
LeMoyne