On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Cor Nouws <oo...@nouenoff.nl> wrote:

> Therefore I argue that it would not be fair
> to decide on 7 weeks from the deadline, that it is shortened by 3 or 4
> weeks.

Sure, but delaying the Release Date by 3 or 4 weeks will not be fair
to downstream either
The calendar was worked out by picking a Release date that would work
for downstream - RedHat, Canonical, Suse,... - and then working our
way backward to a 'freeze date'. the consequence of a major downstream
not being able to pick-up a release of ours is much more important, in
my opinion,  than a given feature being pushed to the next release.

Norbert