On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 11:25 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Caolan,
>
> On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 11:22 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> > Where an extra "utl" string is to be prefixed to the stock
> > component_getFactory entry point string to give an entry point of
>
>       Which makes me wonder: does callcatcher cope with eliding
> foo_component_ prefixed methods we have these days ?

callcatcher itself can't really know about dlsym-ed symbols. But for the
make findunusedcode I take an ultra-conservative approach and grep ::.*
\( on the "real" list, which hides both the extern "C" methods which are
plausibly dlsymabled, and also the C++ non-class functions which aren't,
for the moment.

I had/have a whitelist in callcatcher itself, but that's gone a bit
stale, if/when we hit some low count in the easy list I might get back
to extracting/updating the whitelist.

C.