Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel <at> mamane.lu> writes:

> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 07:50:09AM +0000, Yury wrote:
>
> > (...) exporting a text with formulas (starmath equations) to
> > word2003 .DOC format.
>
> > Anyone using LO to prepare scientific papers, esp. in physics,
> > mathematics etc., would be inherently interested in such export
> > going right. Lots of publishers accept manuscripts in word2003 .DOC
> > format only (...).
>
> Quite incidentally to the main issue at point (which is get a good
> MathType export from LibreOffice Writer), I'm quite surprised by that
> statement. My experience, in the little corners of academia I used to

This is getting really off topic, but I've used to think in the similar
vein: we noble physicists (mathematicians, what have you) don't have to
touch that word abomination. We do our precious work in pure and noble
latex. Well, d'oh! In Russia, you'd be hard pressed to find a journal on
physics accepting latex. But the West isn't much better on this account,
mind you. The world changed, or it never was like this. We talk major
journals, of course, not obscure universities' heralds.

Anyway, good interoperability in mixed environment is a must.

-Yury