At 10:06am -0700 Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Michael Meeks wrote:
Can you do some more investigation of which symbol is missing from
where ? of course, failing that we can do some horror of a rename in
there, or perhaps poking at removing things like:

        desktop/unx/source/makefile.mk:

APP1CODETYPE = C

might help - but ... ideally we want as little junk in the splash
app as humanly possible; it'd be most ideal not to link sal at all
IMHO but ... ;-) its more work to avoid it.

Absolutely. Alright ... given your message, I'm wondering if there is an interplay with the fact that my build is

--enable-dbgutil \
--enable-debug   \
--enable-symbols \

Message received; no one quite knows what the issue is.  I'll dive into it.

Cheers,

Kevin