Hello Khaled,

Il 19/11/2015 18:23, Khaled Hosny ha scritto:
On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 06:15:46PM +0100, Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:
Il 19/11/2015 15:00, Khaled Hosny ha scritto:
On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 11:14:10AM +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Thu, 2015-11-19 at 11:16 +0100, Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:
We should now link against cairo and the system one is usually linked
against X11. So i think i'm going to just build the libo shipped one
and see how it goes.

Yeah, that's a fair point. system cairo itself typically links to X11
and sucks that in.

Just wondering what issues this linking would cause apart from having to
install (unused) X11 libs to satisfy the dependency?

unused X libraries may not big deal but in this specific case we are adding
cairo and its dependencies too. And it's quite ironic to require X when
building with --without-x, isn't it? :)

I don’t see the irony, we are not using nor requiring X with this
option, some builds of cairo do. I think having less code to maintain in
VCL (which is in a such a messy state right now that we have, for
example, at least 5 different text layout code paths) far outweighs
having a few extra libraries in a non-default build configuration.

I know that and i'm perfectly fine with Caolan changes :) I was just asking some questions about the future plan to sort how a fix for the non-default build configuration.

cheers

--
Riccardo Magliocchetti
@rmistaken