Unless I'm much mistaken, the ActiveX control does almost exactly the same
thing that the browser plugin did for Netscape.

Given that in Edge Microsoft will not be supporting ActiveX plugins any
more, isn't the justification for removing the ActiveX control the same as
for remove the NSAPI plugin?

Incidentally, in the bug references, if I had to hazard a guess, the ocx
needs to be registered manually.

Chris

On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 3:13 AM, Thorsten Behrens <t...@documentfoundation.org