On 09/15/2011 11:37 AM, Michael Stahl wrote:
i think somebody once told me that the last remaining functions are only
required on Windows 2000, and if we raised the baseline to Windows XP
then it would be unnecessary.  any idea if that is true?

No, looks like snprintf etc. from uwinapi are still needed on recent Windows, as Windows' _snprintf etc. are not standards conformant (see <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1270387/are-snprintf-and-friends-safe-to-use>), and there still appear to be no standards conformant true snprintf etc. in the Windows API.

-Stephan