On 02/29/2016 05:42 PM, Ashod Nakashian wrote:

On 02/29/2016 11:44 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
Ashod, can you get that fixed? I assume that it would be a common issue that such wrapper include files need special treatment in update_pch (and an indicator that automatic generation of such precompiled_*.hxx just doesn't work), but don't find anything related in that script.
Sure.

If the diff of precompiled_xsec_xmlsec.hxx is the desired result, then the fix is very simple. update_pch has provision to exclude any header that we deem problematic. We only need to add 'xmlsec/*' as exclusion and it will never get added to the pch file on subsequent runs.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work under Linux. The wrapper header is resulting in errors when it's included (which is why I had excluded it). I know pch is less important under Linux, but it does improve build times there too.

So the choice is between fixing the issue you address with your patch (which I'm not sure I understand) or maintaining pch support on Linux. It seems both would not be possible without modifying the wrapper header.

Perhaps if you shed some light on what you are addressing I might be able to come with a solution?

Thanks,
-Ash