It could be that this wasn’t intentional, but I have to agree with Tor here.

If you are using an old version of LO in an official capacity for a business or
government, you aren’t in any way obligated to purchase support but morally I
think it would be a very good idea to at least think about paying a developer
to backport a fix for you. There are a number of companies and individual who
I’m sure would be happy to help for compensation.

Otherwise, there isn’t any point in being so direct in demanding a fix. If we
don’t get paid, then we are volunteers. And even some of us (actually quite a
few of us) are paid, we also spend our free time on LO because we love working
on code and we want to make a contribution to the good of humanity. But that
time isn’t free for you to allocate or demand we do anything.

I’m sure that it was just a bad way of wording what you said, but it seems like
a demand. Next time, it’s probably a bit nicer if you could have rephrased
“Kindly have a look in the issue” to “If it’s not too much trouble, because we
are using libreoffice 5.0.2 would someone be able to look into this a bit
further?”. You’d still likely be told to consider a support contract, but there
might be someone who takes up your case and decides to help without asking for
payment.

Chris