On 09/27/2011 10:33 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:
On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 10:06 +0530, Marc-André Laverdière wrote:
When I tried using this flag, I ended up not being able to _build_ at
all. And that wasn't even due to my own mistake, only some  module I
know nothing at all is breaking the build.

        Sure sure, so - I think Stephan has a point - that we ought to find
some way of enabling this for some set of people that can cope with it.
I suspect a good heuristic would be to have an 'auto' mode for the flag
that checks if you have git push access and if so enables -Werror, so
that old-hands get it automatically, and newbies don't suffer.

No need to go creative here, IMO. With a default --disable-werror, I *hope* it should suffice to just remind developers that they should --enable-werror (the same way we should remind them to --enable-dbgutil and to run make check).

-Stephan