Hi Armin,

Addendum: I have now switched off AA. And then the SVG image is rendered correctly. So it seems, I'm on the right track.

Kind regards
Regina

Armin Le Grand schrieb:
Hi Regina,

the MiterMinimumAngle influences only the miter mode, thus I do not
understand the 'still not changed to Bevel' comment. In SVG import, the
primitives and thus the LineAttribute as part of it containing the
MiterMinimumAngle is directly created, the exactly same instance will be
used in the renderer and be available in the decomposition.
I am not sure at which system you are, but the value needs to be used
either in

     VclPixelProcessor2D::tryDrawPolygonStrokePrimitive2DDirect

and then handed through

     OutputDevice::DrawPolyLineDirect

like the other values, down to the renderer sal implementation (Gdiplus
for windows).
Or - when getting decomposed in

     PolygonStrokePrimitive2D::create2DDecomposition

and then handed over to

     basegfx::tools::createAreaGeometry

also like the other values. Thus, still some hand-through
implementations needed to pass the value to the places where needed. At
that places, currently a default is used.

basegfx::tools::createAreaGeometry has an input value for
fMiterMinimumAngle already.

With OutputDevice::DrawPolyLineDirect it needs to be handed over to
diverse implementations of DrawPolyLine, there seems to be one for

OpenGLSalGraphicsImpl::DrawPolyLine
SalGraphics::DrawPolyLine

in principle all which use the same parameters (e.g. including
basegfx::B2DLineJoin). For me, OpenGLSalGraphicsImpl is new and I am not
sure how/where it is used.
SalGraphics::DrawPolyLine uses SalGraphics::drawPolyLine (small 1st
letter) which is

     virtual bool                drawPolyLine(
                                     const basegfx::B2DPolygon&,
                                     double fTransparency,
                                     const basegfx::B2DVector& rLineWidths,
                                     basegfx::B2DLineJoin,
                                     css::drawing::LineCap) = 0;

and has diverse system-specific implementations that need to be adapted.
In those implementations usually the default value for MiterMinimumAngle
is used (see WinSalGraphicsImpl::drawPolyLine).

Unfortunaltely it is not easy in vcl to do that, the compiler is your
friend. It was already a lot of work to add methods to the whole chain
that use more modern parameters. It is also necessary to adapt all
implementations for all target plattforms and to test compilation on all
plattforms, since this touches plattform-dependent code that is not
built on all plattforms.

Theoretically it would also need to be added to MetaPolyLineAction, but
the Metafile actions have the problem to be saved/loaded, so this is
hard to to backwards compatible. You would need to create a new version
of MetaPolyLineAction, see other examples with MetaActions.

Hard stuff....
I hope this helps!

Regards,
Armin