On 10/07/2011 03:51 PM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
2011/10/7 Marc-André Laverdière<marc-an...@atc.tcs.com>:
Wow, I really missed the 'big debate' :)
me too :- )

- I don't think we can expect developers to run a build before each
push,

Yes we absolutely can expect that. it is actually a bare minimum !!!!!
rebase, clean build Ok, rebase and build done on Linux, all ok. (with about 70 small patches of warning reduction)

Then
Push ...
read mails, deleted some recurrent Windows tinderboxes mails - and read among others this one :- )

AND keep an eye on the tinderboxes. usually within 20 minutes
you should have the result of a tinderbox run with your pushed change
in it (except windows so far).

look at my trash, see that this time I got also tinderboxes mails from MacOSX... Looked at log (since I have read this mail), did not understand from a possible guilty commit why this should break MacOSX compilation, try a "best guess" revert and see a green rebuild.

And now fully convinced of the utility of tinderboxes, and of the need to take care of them in respect of other platforms that I do not have.

Just to thanks tinderboxes maintainers
Best regards
Pierre-André