On 10/25/2011 04:04 AM, Kevin Hunter wrote:
At 9:48pm -0400 Mon, 24 Oct 2011, Kevin Hunter wrote:
At 7:24pm -0400 Mon, 24 Oct 2011, Fridrich Štrba wrote:
for (std::map<WPXString, FontStyle *, ltstr>::const_iterator iter =
mHash.begin();
- iter != mHash.end(); ++iter)
+ iter != mHash.end(); iter++)

Err, in terms of coding style, is a pre to post increment operator
merely a whitespace change? I seem to recall a message or two on the
subject but I'm having a difficult time tracking them down just now.
About 8 months ago, perhaps?

Kevin: open mouth, insert foot. I apologize. Just perusing commits,
should've kept going. I take it the pre to post is needed to "fix the
build".

This looks more like "fix the build" reverted more than was really necessary in this case.

In general, and if the expression's value is not used, prefix increment/decrement is preferable to postfix, as the former conceptually avoids creation of a temporary that makes the old, unmodified value available as the expression's value.

That said, you see both forms with more-or-less similar frequency in the wild.

-Stephan