I have a working Java application that uses UNO with LibreOffice 5.
I'm using createInstanceWithContext for com.sun.star.frame.Desktop, but in the documentation it says that this interface is deprecated and we should use the "theDesktop singleton" instead:

http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/idl/ref/servicecom_1_1sun_1_1star_1_1frame_1_1Desktop.html#details

  However I haven't found any information on how to do that.

  I acquire the component loader as follows:

com.sun.star.uno.XComponentContext       componentContext;
com.sun.star.lang.XMultiComponentFactory serviceManager;
com.sun.star.frame.XComponentLoader      componentLoader;
componentContext = com.sun.star.comp.helper.Bootstrap.bootstrap();
serviceManager   = componentContext.getServiceManager();
componentLoader  =
    UnoRuntime.queryInterface
    (com.sun.star.frame.XComponentLoader.class,
     serviceManager.createInstanceWithContext
     ("com.sun.star.frame.Desktop", componentContext)
     )
    ;

I've tried writing "com.sun.star.frame.theDesktop" instead of the call to serviceManager.createInstanceWithContext() but that doesn't compile, then I tried some other semi-random stuff but nothing worked.

  How can I do that?
Is this documented anywhere, or is there any example that uses theDesktop instead of Desktop?

  Cheers,
--
    Alberto González Palomo
    Toledo, España / Saarbrücken, Deutschland