Alberto González Palomo wrote on 21/09/16 at 19:45:

  I have a working Java application that uses UNO with LibreOffice 5.
  I'm using createInstanceWithContext for com.sun.star.frame.Desktop,
but in the documentation it says that this interface is deprecated and
we should use the "theDesktop singleton" instead:

http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/idl/ref/servicecom_1_1sun_1_1star_1_1frame_1_1Desktop.html#details

  However I haven't found any information on how to do that.

[...]
  Is this documented anywhere, or is there any example that uses
theDesktop instead of Desktop?

  Ok, I got it working.

None of the Java examples in the SDK uses theDesktop, all use the "deprecated" Desktop.

  Now instead of:

serviceManager.createInstanceWithContext
     ("com.sun.star.frame.Desktop", componentContext)

  I use:

com.sun.star.frame.theDesktop.get(componentContext)

  Cheers,
--
    Alberto González Palomo
    Toledo, España / Saarbrücken, Deutschland