On 11/03/2011 11:08 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:
Of all the .component files currently lumped together into the single
LibO services.rdb (see postprocess/packcomponents/makefile.mk), quite a
number belong to optional modules and should thus go into discrete
.rdbs.  There's clean up work ahead... ;)

        Sure. Of course, I/O wise we don't really want to fragment big compact
files into lots of tiny files if we can avoid it, but it's a nice
capability to have for sure. How many files do you expect to drop in
there ?

Not more than a handful. Surely bounded by the number of optional packages, so comparable to the number of configmgr .xcd files (where reading the small number of .xcd files completely upfront did not have a negative impact on start up).

Stephan