On 11/04/2011 02:53 PM, Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Fri, 2011-11-04 at 14:01 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
That is, the call to DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance() within
OfficeDocumentReportTarget would need to be wrapped

Erm...

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/search?q=DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance&project=core&defs=&refs=&path=&hist=

Looks we're fairly riddled with this pattern. So presumably if this
problem affects DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance we already suffer
from it in our xsltfilter and other places ?

The pattern probably here is that the problem is not noticed as long as the Java code is called from the main thread. (The empty context class loader problem arises only for native threads other than the initial JVM thread that are attached to the JVM via JNI. Threads spawned by the JVM inherit the calling thread's context class loader, and the thread on which the JVM is originally initialized explicitly obtains a non-null context class loader during initialization, IIRC).

Anyway, you have been warned.  ;)

Stephan