Hi Caolan,

On 29/11/16 12:20, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> locally I have our opengl slideshow transitions working[1] under gtk3
> on wayland and I'd like to merge this to master.

        Nice work =)

> Is there any objection to the principle of dropping glew in favour of
> epoxy, or do I need to go down a more complicated conditional approach.

        I think quite the opposite; from what I recall in contrast to glew
libepoxy is a full de-coupling of the OGL-ness on all platforms; ie. it
is not necessary to link libGL-ness into any of our binaries.

        That is great news for removing much of:

commit 96c1ae1d8e78ae8b9bd7d4001645cad24d62b720
Author: Oliver Specht <oliver.spe...@cib.de>
Date:   Wed Mar 23 13:40:13 2016 +0100

    fix headless build

    disables OpenGL and glew usage, lets --without-gui do what
    --without-x did before and disables X related test

        Into cleaner run-time checks; and removing that whole conditional
compilation thing for GL - which would be a nice cleanup.

        Good stuff,

                Michael.

--
michael.me...@collabora.com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot