On 11/12/2011 12:43 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:
        It seems a nonsense to me to not ship the pre-built C++ headers in the
sdk - particularly if that would make things easier for developers.

        Stephan - is there a really good reason for not doing that ? clearly
the easier we make the sdk to use the better, and those headers can be
cut/pasted around / included into the code without problems surely.

No fundamental reason not to. Probably more directed by the rationale to not ship what is easily (for whatever definition of "easily") generated. And I gather that if you use the SDK in the "intended" way, the included makefiles take care of header generation just fine. (I do not argue that the way the SDK was designed to be used is necessarily useful, however.) Plus, as soon as you want to introduce your own UNOIDL constructs, you need to use cppumaker etc. anyway.

Feel free to go ahead, I would say.

Stephan