On 11/13/2011 03:42 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 03:04:57PM +0100, Arnaud Versini wrote:

I've seen it is used by using gdb on
_osl_getFullQualifiedDomainName. I don't remember how but I could
provide you the bt after the build. It's not directly but
_osl_getFullQualifiedDomainName is used during file locking.

That's probably for the name of the lockfile: If the same user runs LO
on two different machines that share (part of) the filesystem through
NFS, the lockfile should not have the same name so that the LO on one
machine does not see the lock of the LO on the other machine.

No, IIRC, that data ends up in the content of the lock file. So that (a) a meaningful message about who is currently locking a file can be presented upon concurrent access, and (b) a stale lock file from a crashed soffice instance run by the same user can be detected.

Stephan