Hullo List,

I'm working on a school project that involves UNO with Python (talking to LO from an external invocation of Python). One of the things that I find extremely frustrating is the lack of discoverability from within the Python context. The interactive shell (IPython package and IPython.embed() ) is an amazing tool for debugging and data structure discovery (with the power of tab-completion, among other things), but when most functions are hardly documented, it reduces the discoverability to educated guesswork and actual C++ code inspection.

1. Is there an intentional reason for a lack of this sort of builtin documentation?

For example, within the Python shell:

>>> import uno
[...boiler plate to setup desktop variable from UNO...]
>>> help(desktop.loadComponentFromURL)
Help on PyUNO_callable object:

class PyUNO_callable(object)
 |  Methods defined here:

which is hardly useful to know what loadComponentFromURL actually does.

2. If there is not an intentional reason, would drive by documentation efforts (as I discover them, and certainly to be improved, but better than nothing), be generally appreciated?

Thanks,

Kevin