On 11/16/2011 06:45 AM, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
I would encourage you to not do this style of implicit inlining in your
code, sure, but I wouldn't want you go wild and start editing a bunch of
headers just for the sake of it.

While we are at it: Not inlining functions can be especially beneficial for functions that are exported from a library. For example, not inlining the destructor of a class with virtual functions gives the compiler a definite place to put the vtable, so it need not be duplicated across all the libraries that derive from that class.

Stephan