On 02/15/2017 12:12 PM, Gergely Buday wrote:
I am interested in writing an extension to Libre Office, particularly Calc.

I would like to do it in a functional language.

My favourite is Standard ML and it is quite portable.

How much work, i.e. how many lines of code would it be to write an
interface for ML/LibreOffice?

Where in the Libre Office source tree I can find the glue code for
various extension languages?

There was a Google Summer of Code project in 2015 doing a UNO Haskell binding. See <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=Development/GSoC/Ideas&oldid=121170#Haskell_UNO_Language_Binding> for high-level code pointers. See <https://github.com/jorgecunhamendes/haskell-uno-binding> for the results (though still quite rough).

There is still an open GSoC project for a UNO Rust binding, <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=Development/GSoC/Ideas#Rust_UNO_Language_Binding>.

Another option is to use Scala as it is possible to write extensions in
Java and Scala can use Java libraries.

Did anybody write a Libre Office extension in Scala?

Not that I know of.