At 8:45pm -0500 Wed, 23 Nov 2011, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 20:33 -0500, Kevin Hunter wrote:
At 7:56pm -0500 Wed, 23 Nov 2011, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
Can you explain in a bit more detail what you want to do. You
can't just create a new ScDocShell, you always need to do some
initialisation before. Depending on what you want to do you
should not need to create the ScDocShell yourself.

Well, I'd like to have some way of creating a new ScDocument.

And could you tell us what you need to do that for?  Providing more
details as to what area of code you are modifying, including the file
name and class name (if applicable), and what end result you want to
see would give us more context of what you are doing.

This was answered and responded to out-of-band as follows:

I wanted to create an ScDocument to work with in a new test file. I was thinking in terms of test driven development and having some tests such that I could execute only them, as something akin to:

$ make  just_this_set_of_tests

I was educated that because each separate test file needs an entirely separate invocation of soffice (and all that that entails), this is not a desirable avenue for the general use-case of running all tests. LO is nowhere near able to work in a TDD environment, and, short of much rewriting, will not be there anytime soon. Thus, the answer to my question boiled down to: during development or bug hunting, comment out all superfluous tests in another, existing test file.

Kevin