Hi,

BUT this is a workaround, to compensate the not so correct behaviour
of GetDataArea :-(

The behaviour in bINcludeOld = false seems me strange (ergh I think wrong but you told me to be cautious), since it removes from the "side" of the area that has not yet been extended above the last line / column, if empty. The implementation seems to me flawed, since it does it even if no extension has been possible (e.g rEndRow = MAXROW), and suppress just ONE line, if empty. What about the "new" last one ? if also empty, we are exactly in the same situation as before, just a bit smaller. Hence it seems me that the original programmer (12 years ago) just assumed that only the last line / column could be empty, not e.g. the last 4 rows.

I wouldn't say it's wrong unless I checked the original intention behind
that code when GetDataArea() is called with bIncludeOld=false, maybe
it's just the call in ExtendDataArea() that should pass true instead?

Done, you're right.
Finally, changed the call of the flags and documented the flags' meaning.
If you could cherry-pick 88611e702a18d2 for 3.4.5, would be nice.
Many thanks

desired effect. Further some tests have shown me that the behaviour
(regarding area) is not the same, depending if the filter is
activated with Data->Filter->AutoFilter or Standard filter. I fear
some parts will need to be quite overhauled.

And the difference exactly is ...?

Visually: the standard filter adapts and shows the selected area at activation of the filter, the auto-filter does not reflect the fact that it will take into account a wider area. This area extension happens only when the drop-down button is activated and the list of possible value is calculated... and the area extended.

More subtly, this leads to 2 different ranges stored within the file if you do
"select some area but not all data", activate standard filter , save

or if you do exactly the same with same data / input except activating auto-filter instead of standard filter.

Out of subject: from a user perspective, I am not convinced from te fact that the filter is allowed to change an area that has been user-defined. No problem to auto-extend an area if auto-determined. But if a user takes the time to do the area, this should be "holly". But this point belongs to the user-interface list I guess...

Best regards
Pierre-André