Hi Tor,

On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 20:24 +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > So, I'm still not understanding this fully.  Why is it that, when you
> > use the 2nd API, you only see some of the formats, not all?
>
> One possibility might be that the first API also returns "synthesized"
> clipboard formats.

Ah, that's definitely something to keep in mind.  Thanks for the info.

BTW, I was actually asking the wrong question.  It wasn't true that the
2 APIs were returning different clipboard format sets.  As a test, I
wrote another quick program to retrieve the clipboard format info using
the IDataObject API, and the code retrieves the same set of available
format types as what the other API does.

This means that the reason why we are getting far fewer clipboard
formats must be somewhere in our own code.  In fact, we do have a
wrapper class for IDataObject (named CAPNDataObject) that does some sort
of pre-filtering.  I'll look into that class to see if it's doing
something funny there.

Thanks a lot everyone.

Kohei

--