On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 05:36:58AM +0200, jan d <dittrich.c....@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Just for documenting it for people who might try this in the future: I
> managed to create the UnoService and have it reaact to the shortcut.
> It seems that services can only be created directly and in the scope of the
> file/import that is run: Having it created inside a function did not work,
> moving it out to the first level (in python this means: no indention) it
> works. If someone knows why that is the case, I'd be ahppy if we could add
> a sentence on it to the PyUno documentation or so.

One reason might be that some services are specific to a document,
others are not. E.g. you can create a new text document as a global
object but when you create a new bookmark, you have to created it inside
a text document. That means it does matter what factory (global or the
one of an existing object) you use when you create new objects.