Hello Noel,

2011/12/17 Noel Grandin <noelgran...@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> Yeah, that is what I tried the first time.
> But it turns out to be incredibly hard to keep the lifecycle of the
> ScBaseCell objects and the lifecycle of the ScPostIt objects tied
> together, because ScBaseCell and it's child classes get allocated and
> deallocated in lots of different places, not just in ScTable.

Can you give me a caode pointer where we create a cell with a note
that is not created in our call chain ScDocument->ScTable->ScColumn?

Your current solution has some nasty problems. We would save all notes
from all documents (including undo and copy documents) in one big
container. If I'm not totally misguided there should be no big problem
to move the container to ScTable. That might result in slow lookup for
complex documents.

My idea how it should work: (all methods in ScTable)

- DeleteCol, DeleteRow, DeleteArea need to check for an ScPostIt that
needs to be deleted
- CopyToClip copies the whole container to the table in the copy document
- the undo methods do the same

There might be some hiddent raps here but I think we can work them
out. If you have problems just ask here or on IRC.

Markus