On Mon, 2017-11-13 at 15:16 +0000, Mike Scott wrote:
> A minor snag is that if a video starts with a black frame, that's
> what will be seen when the slide is being laid out.
>
> Is it reasonable to suggest for now a single-character alteration to
> the source code? At line 37 in
> libreoffice/avmedia/source/viewer/mediawindow.cxx
>
> change
> #define AVMEDIA_FRAMEGRABBER_DEFAULTFRAME_MEDIATIME 3.0
> #define AVMEDIA_FRAMEGRABBER_DEFAULTFRAME_MEDIATIME 0.0

Yeah, it seems reasonable, I suggest going ahead and submit a patch for
that to our gerrit, you can add me on cc on that.

Maybe what we should additionally try to do is to pass an argument to
MediaWindow::grabFrame with the time to use and distinguish between the
case where we're previewing in impress edit mode in which case the
current 3.0 is a reasonable thing, vs the presentation mode where we
definitely want 0.0