Hi Henry,

On Tuesday, 2017-11-14 16:44:18 -0400, Henry Castro wrote:

> > Spell checking in Calc does not work this way with a global document
> > language or paragraph language, language is a cell attribute (or in-cell
> > EditEngine text portion attribute).
>
> Indeed, after reading code they are designed to cell attribute, but I did not
> find anything to apply this, since they are not set, the cell take the global
> document language

*If* not set then it's equal to the document language.

To obtain the font/spell-checking language attribute of the current
selection (single cell, range, or multi-selection) you could use
something like this

    ScTabViewShell* pTabViewShell = GetViewData()->GetViewShell();
    const SfxItemSet& rAttrSet =
pTabViewShell->GetSelectionPattern()->GetItemSet();
    LanguageType nLang = static_cast<const
SvxLanguageItem&>(rAttrSet.Get(ATTR_FONT_LANGUAGE)).GetValue();
    if (nLang == LANGUAGE_SYSTEM)
        nLang = Application::GetSettings().GetLanguageTag().getLanguageType();

Note that for multiple cells the returned LanguageType may not match the
individual values if cells have different attribute values. You may want
to check if the ATTR_FONT_LANGUAGE SfxItem is actually set in the
SfxItemSet (rAttrSet.Get(ATTR_FONT_LANGUAGE).GetItemState() ==
SfxItemState::SET)
and otherwise use LANGUAGE_MULTIPLE. YMMV.

This is only the Western language attribute, if you also want CJK and
CTL (which are not used for spell-checking) check how it's done in

    LanguageType ScViewUtil::GetEffLanguage( ScDocument* pDoc, const ScAddress&
rPos )

and use pTabViewShell->GetSelectionScriptType().

To apply a new (Western) font language to the current selection use

    pTabViewShell->ApplyAttr( SvxLanguageItem( nLang, ATTR_FONT_LANGUAGE));

Do not use multiple consecutive ApplyAttr() calls, to apply more than
one attribute in one go there's ApplySelectionPattern(const ScPatternAttr&
rAttr)

Hope this helps.

  Eike

GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack