On 01/07/2012 09:07 AM, James C wrote:
I've had trouble working out, from the code, what a user installation
path is.  There are two classes called Bootstrap, and my one reads the
details from a map, which I assume is populated somewhere.

utl::Bootstrap::locateUserInstallation from unotools/bootstrap.hxx effectively returns the value for the "UserInstallation" key stored in the bootstrap ini file (program/bootstraprc on Unix, program/bootstrap.ini on Windows).

The rtl::Bootstrap class is lower-level, it manages the set of so-called "bootstrap variables" that can be set via ini files, environment variables, and command line arguments.

Stephan