Hi Andrea,

2012/1/9 Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>:
> On 05/01/2012 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>
>> On 05/01/2012 Andras Timar wrote:
>>>
>>> Why would you like to pack and distribute files from the legacy
>>> folder? Those look useless to end users.
>>

>> Because they allow to see who contributed what and when. They are indeed
>> of little interest for end users (and the contributors' names, just the
>> names, are of course already listed in the README files), but it was a
>> specific request I received from previous contributors and it would be
>> fair to them to respect their wishes.
>>
>> Also, this allows to build a complete genealogy of the project, which is
>> better now that we have to maintain it in multiple repositories.
>

> I see that on the same day I wrote this (I didn't check if earlier or later)
> an incomplete update of dictionaries was done.
>
> While data are probably OK, I would prefer that the update it is completed
> according to my original mail, so that users won't be confused (thanks to
> the new CHANGELOG and README) and that anyone wishing to create derivatives
> of the package or its portions can easily find all history in the
> documentation in the "legacy" folder (and the will of earlier contributors
> is respected).
>
> The incomplete update has been ported to the 3.5 branch too, if I see
> correctly, so it would be nice to complete it there too.

I added legacy files to version control and I also updated the README
which I forgot to do last time. But legacy files will not be packaged
and distributed in the product, they will be part of source packages
only.

Please note that in LibreOffice git there is a newer version of
it_IT.aff than in svn, please check if it is correct. In svn you have
version 2.4, in git we have version 3.3. BTW both are the same, only
the comment sections at the beginning of the files are different.

Also please note that the extension icon, which is the Italian flag,
will not be used in LibreOffice, because we don't use national flags
as icons at all. I understand that probably nobody may be offended by
the Italian flag, but we shall make no exceptions.

Best regards,
Andras