Hi,

Looking at the open issues for the HSQL to Firebird auto migration
functionality particular the issues regarding data types and other test
files I put together a possible map of what I think makes sense in
translating hsql to firebird types.  [Read only view of it here
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/TTBT4fJ2xTdbMJQ ]

I'm sharing it here for two purposes, first it would be a big help to have
this type of thing with whatever the actual mapping is - so - if that is
already set I could really use for someone to let me know what would need
to change there.

However; Secondarily and since it doesn't seem to be settled in the code at
the moment I wand to propose this mapping.

The are three suggested changes;
first is to treat OTHER[OTHER] as a custom subt_type (-1) of blob instead
of a CLOB as this would give the same behavior in Base with firebird as
with hsql

second is to treat HSQL Binary(fix)[BINARY] as Binary[BINARY]  with
sub_type of 0 or 1 based on a scan of some number of the records checking
for text data

And the third would be to display two additional labels in table editor
(Memo[Blob] and OTHER[BLOB]) for consistency with the current UI using hsql.

Either way it's good see the work going on and I'm excited to help as I can.

Best wishes,
Drew