Hello,

Following
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=9ee0a1f16682139c5be28a05d33e980123da4c6f
patch, I got an error build on Win10 with Java 7.
C:\BLP\core\scripting\java\com\sun\star\script\framework\provider\beanshell\PlainSourceView.java:189:
error: no suitable method found for start(String)
                            ta.replaceRange(null, startOffset +
matcher.start("tab"), startOffset + matcher.end("tab"));
                                                                       ^
    method Matcher.start(int) is not applicable
      (actual argument String cannot be converted to int by method
invocation conversion)
    method Matcher.start() is not applicable
      (actual and formal argument lists differ in length)
C:\BLP\core\scripting\java\com\sun\star\script\framework\provider\beanshell\PlainSourceView.java:189:
error: no suitable method found for end(String)
                            ta.replaceRange(null, startOffset +
matcher.start("tab"), startOffset + matcher.end("tab"));

^
    method Matcher.end(int) is not applicable
      (actual argument String cannot be converted to int by method
invocation conversion)
    method Matcher.end() is not applicable
      (actual and formal argument lists differ in length)

Indeed, "start" and "end" methods can take a String as argument only from
Java 8.

I mailed Andreas and he indicated me this ongoing patch:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/72666/

Meanwhile, I took a look about prerequisites.
For MacOs, it seems Java min version is 1.8 (see
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnMac)
On Window, it's 1.7 min (see
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindows)

To simplify all this, can we move to Java 1.8 min for every OS for master
sources? (future 6.3) Or is it too late and we should wait for 6.3 branching
and so it'd be for future 6.4?

Julien

--
Sent from: