On 05/08/2019 23:40, dreamn...@gmail.com wrote:
I intentionally did not type 'make clean' beforehand because:

1) I'm assumming that those additional flags would be applied in the code that fails to compile. I *think* that if it didn't not work again, that would mean that the issue is something else?

Your assumption is wrong in two ways: For one, changes to configuration are not generally picked up reliably by a remake (so the common understanding is that one needs to `make clean` or even `make distclean` when chaning configuration). For another, the failure happened when running a test (against already compiled code), not when compiling code.

(Plus, I'm not sure whether passing ENVCFLAGS[CXX] to mnake actually works as intended; I at least never use it and instead add any relevant flags directly to CC and CXX passed to configuration; but I don't know, and ENVCFLAGS[CXX] may actually work fine.)

But I have no idea which version of LibreOffice I'm compiling. To be worth all the extra efforts that a 'make clean' represents, I'd like to be sure that I'm trying to compile LibreOffice 6.3.

The relevant git branches are libreoffice-6-3 (for ongoing development of LO 6.3.x) and libreoffice-6-3-0 (for development towards LO 6.3.0), and the git tag libreoffice-6.3.0.3 (for latest LO 6.3.0 RC3).