Hi Eike, Regina,

Thanks for the answers.. Solved.

Eike Rathke wrote on 9/4/19 8:26 PM:

> How do you re-zip the file?

Let me elaborate. It is far from the first time that I unzip an odf
fully, change something, and then rezip.
Never had any problem. Might just have been lucky :)

> Best is to freshen the zip with just the
> content.xml to keep the original file order and compression, i.e. the
> 'mimetype' file MUST be the first entry in the zip archive and MUST NOT
> be compressed. So,
>
>   zip -f filename.ods content.xml
>
> should do.

Indeed, that helps. (Notably the Gnome archive manager allows to open
one file to edit and have it refreshed after closing the editor - this
is similar to what Regina writes).

> If that doesn't help then it's something different ("invalid
> xml" is a vague description).

"The file XXX is corrupt and therefore cannot be opened. ..."
The invalid xml notice is something that is shown in the emacs status.
But appears to be a red herring to me now. Especially since that notice
appears without doing anything in the file. Prolly checked against
another xml schema.

Cor

--
Cor Nouws