Hi all

Ask the question and the answer materialises

I realised that i still had

$ UNO_PATH=/usr/lib64/libreoffice/program
$ URE_BOOTSTRAP=vnd.sun.star.pathname:/usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/fundamentalrc

when i redirected the variables to where I'd compiled libreoffice

UNO_PATH=/home/alex/master/instdir/program
URE_BOOTSTRAP=vnd.sun.star.pathname:/home/alex/master/instdir/program/fundamentalrc

every thing worked as expected and LibreOffice started up successfully

Problem solved.

Alex