On 04/25/2012 05:05 PM, Lubos Lunak wrote:
  The choice has already been made, and it's whatever we ship as our internal

...more or less intensively patched...

copies.

(At least, this was a real problem in the past, when people thought they could replace LO's -- or, back then, OOo's rather -- copies with stock instances, where the former often had specific fixes that either -- for whatever reason -- where not upstreamed at all, or nobody had bothered to actually do a proper version check for in configure. I would hope this has improved over time, though.)

Stephan