Hi Yves,

a global 'mode' for LibreOffice text editing is likely pretty invasive
(i.e. lots of places need touching), so that's perhaps not the
LibreOffice project's first choice.

If downstream filtering of the document is sufficient for your use
case, then perhaps the ODFToolkit [1] library packages can help
you. They provide quite rich semantics on top of an in-memory DOM tree
of an ODF document. Svante and Michael (in Cc) are the maintainers.

HTH, Thorsten

[1] https://odftoolkit.org/